The Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential improves your vehicle's performance drivability. Unlike a conventional plate-style limited slip differential, this helical LSD differential relies on gears rather than clutch plates for its operation. That means it is much smoother in operation.
The Quaife ATB Limited Slip Differential LSD is designed to prevent the complete loss of drive that occurs with a conventional differential when one wheel slips. While requiring some torque in the slipping wheel, the Quaife unit is progressive in action but never locks, controlled power is transmitted to all the driving wheels
*The only reason to choose a clutch type differential over a torsen (Quaife) type differential is if you frequently get a drive wheel up in the air, such as in rally racing or when bouncing over large curb sections on road courses.*
- No noise
- Relatively easy install
- Never wears out, lifetime guarantee against wear and breakage
- No adjustments needed
- smooth engagement
- No special oil needed
- Better and more predictable turn-in
- The Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential is also now subject to a lifetime warranty (subject to terms and conditions).
Fits Toyota E153 transmissions found in:
- 1991-1995 MR2 SW20 Turbo (and 95-99 overseas models)
- 1987-1989 Toyota MR2 AW11 SC
- Camry V6 (speed sensor for Camry does NOT fit with this differential! If you need speed sensor you’ll need sensor and sensor ring from 91-95 MR2 Turbo non-LSD. Also, custom axles may be required)
MR2 Type (non-LSD) axle stubs will work.
If you need a functioning vehicle speed sensor you need the VSS gear from the non-LSD MR2 transmission (mfg discontinued)
To install you will need: Bearing and Seal Kit
If installing in an E153 transmission originally equipped with the factory LSD: Ring Gear Bolt Kit
- If installing in an E153 transmission originally equipped with the factory LSD and you need a functional vehicle speed sensor you’ll need an MR2 non-LSD VSS gear (not needed for most cars with ABS- if your old transmission didn’t have one, you don’t need it. MK2 MR2 DOES need it.)
- New differential bearings and axle seals are strongly recommended for this install. This kit is available separately.