Monkeywrench Racing is proud to offer this turbo kit for the 2000-2005 MR2 Spyder with 2ZZ engine swap.
Included with the kit:
– Garrett GT or GTX ball bearing turbo with internal wastegate
– Stainless TIG welded turbo manifold (header)
– Complete 2.5″ mandrel bent exhaust including stainless downpipe with flex section, chambered muffler and tail pipe
– AEM high flow air filter
– Mandrel bent powder coated aluminum intercooler piping
– Large 12″ x 18″ x 3″ thick rear mount intercooler
– Turbosmart blow off valve (old style GReddy valve shown in pic)
– Top quality silicone couplers and stainless T-bolt clamps
– All oil and coolant lines, fittings, hardware and clamps
– (4) NGK BKR7E Spark Plugs
– Complete installation instructions
This kit comes with everything you need for a complete installation on your MR2 minus engine management and fuel injectors. Recommendations:
240-275whp (stock engine) – we recommend you add an Apexi Power FC or MWR AEM EMS for engine management and 630cc injectors for fuel. Purchase those items when you purchase the turbo kit and we’ll load a base map on the Power FC or EMS free of charge. The base map is a great way to get going fast and easy but we do recommend a fine tune on a dyno for best results.
275-325 whp – you’ll also need a fuel pump upgrade as well as upgraded low compression pistons Wiseco) and forged connecting rods (MWR recommended).
325+ whp – we recommend adding the MWR FPR and return line kit for best results and safest operation.
GT2860RS: Recommended for up to 360hp with extremely quick spoolup. Works great on a stock or mildly built engine.
GT2871R: Recommended for up to 475hp with quick spoolup. Works great on a built engine.
GTX2860R Gen2: Recommended for up to 475hp with EXTREMELY quick spoolup. Works great on a stock or mildly built engine.
GTX2867R Gen2: Recommended for up to 550hp with very quick spoolup, similar to GT2860RS. Works great on a built engine.
Other recommended upgrades:
– Clutch – The stock clutch doesn’t stand a chance! Under 10psi the ACT HDSS, Exedy ST2 and Competition Clutch ST2 will handle the power and work great. Over 10psi the MWR Gorilla Street or ACT XTSS clutch works great if the car is driven on the street. The puck style racing clutches work too but will tend to wear faster and are harder on the transmission.
– Boost gauge
– Boost controller
– Oil pan: the turbo oil drain requires a 5/8″ fitting on the oil pan. Choose the Moroso aluminum oil pan or you may also add a fitting to your original oil pan (requires welding)
Pictures used for marketing purposes only, actual product may vary.
What is your return policy?
Midship Garage offers a 7-day return policy from date of delivery. Return shipping is the buyer's responsibility and items included must be in original, unmodified condition with no visible signs of installation. A standard, 25% restocking fee will be deducted from the purchase price upon refund.