There are many important reasons to use ARP rod bolts kits for your 4AG/GZE engine build. The “weak link” in a connecting rod has always been the bolt and it is critically important to monitor the stretch of each bolt and replace it when it has permanently elongated by .0005˝. Below you will find an extensive listing of aftermarket connecting rods and replacement bolt specifications.
- Forged in-house at ARP using only the finest quality materials
- Heat-treated using special vertical racks to assure complete 360° penetration
- Threads rolled after heat-treat to provide up to 10-times longer fatigue strength
- Precision CNC-machined to exacting specifications
- Manufactured from 8740 chrome moly steel
- Heat-treated in-house to 200,000 psi tensile strength
- Precision J-form threads rolled after heat-treat to create a fastener that has threads 1000% stronger than others.
- Made in USA
- Wave-Loc surface contacts the rod and cap for optimum alignment and reduction of fluctuating stress – which strengthens the rod itself!
- Provides snug fit for all OEM connecting rods (interference range of .001˝ to .005˝), despite wide range of factory rod bolt hole tolerances.
- Superior material grain flow because of patented Wave-Loc surface design as compared to knurled bolts that have sharp edges and “built-in” stress risers.
- Galling and scoring of the rod is virtually eliminated because there is only smooth contact and absolutely no “digging.”
- 85-89 Toyota MR2 AW11
- Any 4A-GE or 4A-GZE engine
What is your return policy?
Midship Garage accepts returns of new products in unused, unopened condition within 15 days for a full refund minus 25% restocking fee and shipping fee.