Installation Guide: CLP Toyota MR2 Spyder Midship Style Bar
- 45 minutes to 1-hour
- Hand Ratchet
- 13mm socket
- Flat-blade Screwdriver
- Drill & 45mm hole saw
- You can use another method of cutting tool, but the hole saw is the most precise option.
- Remove driver and passenger door sill. Simply pull gently and wiggle the sill until each of the four clips release.
- Using the hand ratchet and 13mm socket, remove the lower seat belt mounting bolts. There is one for each side, driver and passenger.
- Remove driver and passenger side pillar plastics.
- Remove the two push-pin rivets at the top of the side pillar panel by pushing in the center with a pointed object.
- Unclip the side pillar plastics, again simply by gently pulling and wiggling (pulling away from the outside edge).
- Locate two white rivets they may still be in place on the plastic or they may have fallen off.
- Keep the two push-pin rivets and two white rivets from each plastic side panel in a safe place.
- Feed the lower seat belt bracket through the slot in the side pillar panel and remove the panel.
- Install CLP Midship Style Bar
- Slide driver and passenger seats forward.
- Raise wind deflector into the "up" position. It will remain up from now on.
- Working one side at a time, remove the top seat belt mounting bolt. Be careful not to lose the washers underneath each bolt.
- Align the bar over the revealed hole.
- Place the supplied washer on top then the seat belt bracket.
- Place the bolt and washers through each and semi-tighten.
- Repeat Step 6 for the other side (driver or passenger).
- Fully tighten bolts once fitment is finalized.
- Find the center of the hole in the template and using the 45mm hole saw at slow speed, carefully drill your hole.
- The drilled hole will not fit over the style bar due to the brackets at either end.
- Cut a slit in the plastic panel as shown on the template.
- Thread the lower seat belt bracket back through the slot in the side panel and re-attach the bracket.
- Carefully bend the slit on the plastic panel at the hole to allow you to slip it over the style bar.
- If the fitment is slightly off, enlarge the holes until the desired fit is achieved.
- Replace all studs on the driver and passenger side panel plastics.
- Clip the panels back into place.
- Replace the driver and passenger door sill plastics and ensure the lower sealt belt bracket bolts are fastened tightly.